Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Is It Fall? No?

Well, it's here.  Summer break.  Kids everywhere are taking stock of their bathing suits and making sure their bike tires and hula hoops are ready to go (I live in 1988).  Meanwhile I've been teetering on the verge of excitement and dread in anticipation of today.  Dread is a strong word.  I don't dread having C and G at home all day...every...day.  It's just that C can tend to be a touch emo at times and it's hard for me to deal with without having that 2.5 hour break every day.  She was in a terrible mood when I picked her up from school today.  They said they gave them chocolate milk and ice cream, I think this was her "crash".  This is me trying to get her to take a picture by her cubby.

She was whining someting like "noooo picturesssssss Mommmmyyyyyyyy"

I was threatening her that I would make her take a nap when she got home, I'm certain that helped her whiny mood.  Other parents were getting teary eyed that their little one was going to kindergarten in the fall and I was all "Is it fall yet?"  What a great start to the summer.  Here's hoping day 2 is better.



3 comments:

Amanda and Josh said...

I've been seeing that summer break is kinda rough on the parents numerous places. Maybe my baby fever is passing??

A.P. said...

I'll hang out with C for a few hours a day. Pro bono even. I'm just as bored and emo in the summer.

KB said...

Amy, be careful what you wish for!

Amanda, babies are fun, it's around five when you start to question your decision. I'm totally kidding... or am I?? :)