Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Confessional

It's Friday, you know what that means!


Friday Confessional!

Sorry I haven't posted since last Friday, I've been a bit busy.  I'll catch everyone up with a few good posts this weekend.  In the meantime...

I Confess: The low point of my parenting career came this week as my sweet daughter G used me as a toilet while sitting in the ocean.  This week I have been peed on more times than I care to count.

I Confess: I bought the cutest Michael Kors dress this week, and it wasn't cheap.  I almost never buy expensive things for myself, so even though it fit into the vacation budget it still counts as a confession. 

I Confess:  If C doesn't sleep well tonight I think I'm going to pretend I can't hear her.  It's been FIVE DAYS since I've had a good nights sleep, and I have to drive for 15 hours tomorrow.  She is such a bad sleeper and not having D to take turns with this week has been rough.  She's five years old, time to sleep like a big girl.... or at least as well as the two year old.

I Confess: We saw a huge sting ray in the water today and I was all, "Look girls, it's a ray [conveniently omitting the sting part]!  Wow, isn't it pretty!  [Insert uncomfortable laugh] Come on, let's get out of the water now!"  All I could think about was how that was the last thing that Steve Irwin saw.

I Confess: I'm ready for vacation to be over.  I miss my husband and I miss my house.  I always think I want to try for a two week vacation one year, but I need to remember how day six of seven feels and remember that one week is enough.

OMG, I forgot the most important one!... Besides the human toilet...

I Confess:  I totally flashed this family next to us at the beach today.  I forgot that I was wearing a strapless suit that occasionally needs to be pulled on to make sure everything is in it's right spot.  Well, I got the girls a snack and took my coverup off to get in the water and- whoops!  Hellllooooo nice family next to us!  Sorry about the frontal nudity!

1 comment:

dottie said...

We were snorkeling in Key West and I swear there were a bazillion sting ray under us. Steve Irwin was all I could think of too! Those creeps kept staring right at me too! Yuck!