Wednesday, July 20, 2011

China and the Timmy's

Hey blog, what's happening.  (I typed that in an Office Space voice)

Sorry I've been neglecting you lately.  I'll try harder.  So here's what's up... D got a promotion (holla!) and he absolutely loves it.  I'm super proud of him because it's a pretty prestigious thing and he worked really hard for it and it's pretty much his dream job.   And I'm not going to tell you what it is.  Because I can't.  Boo.

There are many up-sides to his job, including:
1. He loves it
2. He's meeting amazing people and going to amazing places
3. I got a part time nanny for the kids (known from here on out as R) for when I'm in school.  Turns out major universities frown on bringing your children to class.  Whatev.

The down sides:
1. I'm super jealous of his traveling and meeting cool people
2. He travels all.the.time.  He was home today for a few hours and it was the first time I had seen him since Saturday.  He won't be back till late Friday night.  It's an adjustment for all of us.

Now that the big news is out of the way, let's move on to me.  I had a midterm last week (philosophy... logic and probabilities, yuck) and one today (theories of international relations, counter intelligence, etc.), a paper on China due by 5:00 Friday that I haven't started on yet, and a midterm next Wednesday on everything China.

This pretty much sums up what the next week will look like for me.  Scary.
So, I've been busy. I'm still not finished with my patio set.  As much as I love looking out at my deck and seeing the table, it would be nicer if I had the chairs finished and could sit on it.  Clearly that's asking way too much.  Our air conditioner is being a jerk and keeps being warm air instead of cold, like that's some kind of a funny joke.  Let me assure you that it's not funny, especially when it's 100 degrees outside.  At midnight.  Not funny.

That's all for now.  Writing China paper time.  I'll try to be better at the bloggy thing this week. 

OHMYGODIALMOSTFORGOT!!!  My girl R (not nanny R, bestie R) and I are going to NKOTBSB this weekend!  Ahhhhhhhh!!!!  I love you Jordan Knight!  D thinks all of their names are Timmy.  He's so lame.  My mother in law made a really good point, though, that by combining their names into NKOTBSB it actually reads "New Kids On The Back Street Boys".  Eeew.  I'm hoping it's not like that.  We might dress in 80's stuff, haven't decided yet.  Pictures for sure next week!

1 comment:

A.P. said...

BOOOO BSB. NKOTB ALL THE WAY. Saw them in Chicago year and a half ago. SO HOT. I <3 Donnie!