Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Confessional

It's that time again!  Dun dun dunnn, the Friday confessional!  One rule- no judging me (especially the first one, it's a bad one).


I Confess: There is a girl in one of my classes and she looked soooo familiar but I couldn't place her.  And then it hit me.  She was on season 2 of 16 and Pregnant on MTV!!  I almost DIED!  I'm not going to be able to stop staring at her for the rest of the quarter.  I want to be her friend so I can be on the "where are they now" show.  As soon as class was over I called my trashy tv addict bestie R but she wasn't answering and I had to tell someone so I called D.  He was at work and didn't find it as shocking or amusing as I did, I believe he used the word "disturbing" to describe the phone call.  Whatevs.

I Confess: The people that work at the Disney store are so bizarre, I went in there yesterday to get a beach towel for G and the man child that worked there called me a princess.  Ick.

I Confess: We're leaving for the beach tonight (minus D who has to work) and this morning I walked in to the girls room as they were waking up and the first thing C said to me was, "Vacation today, holla!"  Where does she learn this stuff?  I don't say holla... that much.

I Confess: I think that C is going to be a really good artist, and I'm not saying that because I'm her mother.  She's really creative and the things that she draws are so funny.  You know how last week I told you that I'm obsessed with Jeni's?  Look what she drew for me (and cut out and taped to the fridge) this week:


Click on it to see where the design came from

I Confess: I've been up since 5am for no reason.  G woke up because her hand fell asleep and I think she accidentally punched herself in the face with it, and I couldn't get back to sleep.  Soooo, I watched this week's Housewives of NY aaaand Unseen moments from OC aaaand Million Dollar Decorators all before everyone got up this morning.  With all of my homework I think I'm going to have to get up at 5:00 every morning to get my Bravo fix.

I Confess: I almost bought a $150 dual dvd player for the car yesterday, but instead I bought a mount for the single portable one we already have and it only cost me $31.  Hollaaaaa!

7 comments:

VandyJ said...

Saving money always feels good, unless you spend what you would have saved on something else, that's what I end up doing.

Unknown said...

Ok, if someone younger than me called me Princess, I'd probably laugh our loud...And let him know I'm more along evil queen, villain type chick. Have a blast at the beach!

dottie said...

I totally agree on the Disney store people. They are for sure a different breed. Like underground type.

I hate when I punch myself in face while sleeping because my hand is asleep. I can't stop laughing now, because I can just see it now...

Excellent confessions.

Mary said...

I would have died too...I use to watch that show on MTV but currently no TV at the moment....Kinda curious as to who it was?

Hahahahaha Princess? I would responded Oh I'm sorry I'm not 4 anymore go ahead and call me the Evil Queen of darkness, Thanks!

Awesome post!

KB said...

Vandy J- I will be spending it on myself and something ridiculous at the beach... fear not.

Marissa and Dotty- I couldn't look the Disney man child in the eye to give him my look of disgust. I felt too bad for him.

Mary- I'm so torn as to whether I should say who it is or not... I'll think about it. PS, I really want to. :)

Elisabeth said...

Enjoy the beach! And, hey, are you already skipping classes? ;)

I think the disney store people are supposed to do that all the time with the kids. (Though I don't recall it with the moms, except on mother's day. :)) Somehow, with the kids at least, it seems less creepy at the park, where every single employee smiled at A like she was a princess and called her one. Just sort of felt like part of the very expensive fantasy we were paying for. :)

AndreaLeigh said...

yay for saving money!

I would have been the same way if I had seen someone from a reality show.