Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fat Day Ramblings

Today is a fat day- none of my clothes feel right and I'm feeling gross.  I'm not really in the mood to think of a nicely flowing blog post, so I'm just going to post some observations from today.

1. If you wash your hair with conditioner only, it will be greasy.  This could be part of why I feel so gross today.  I realised after I got in the shower that we were completely out of shampoo- even kid shampoo, so conditioner it was.  D couldn't believe that I didn't use soap instead.  Live and learn.

2. If I punish C with a nap she will thank me later and ask for another one tomorrow.  C's behavior was atrocious last night at bed time (screaming and crying for no reason for almost an hour and a half- she broke blood vessels in her face, I'm not even kidding) and her punishment today was no slip-and-slide (also convenient because it was 60 degrees) and she had to take a nap.  Usually she takes a "rest" in my room consisting of coloring and reading and doing whatever she wants as long as she leaves me alone, but today she actually had to nap.  When G woke up from her daily nap I woke C up.  She thanked me for the nap and asked if she can do it again tomorrow.  Punishment fail.

3. Kohl's thinks that an $18 item and $20 item are an even exchange.  Works for me, thank you very much!

4. I could totally be a wedding planner.  We ate dinner at Panera today (feeling fat = salad for dinner) and sat in a booth behind a couple that was having their first meeting with a wedding planner.  This girl was so full of BS.  She was basically telling them how to have the most generic wedding ever.  D and I were totally enthralled in their conversation, choosing to listen to them rather than talk to each other or our children.  At one point they said that they have a friend who is a chef and wanted to make the food for their rehearsal dinner as a gift.  Very generous.  This wedding planner joker tried to talk them out of it!  She said it would be way nicer to do a buffet somewhere.  D and I were mortified.

5.  Does anyone shop at Ethan Allen?  There is a huge EA store right down the street from us that has been there for years and I've never seen a single car there, ever.  Odd.

6.  AT&T cable boxes respond favorably to under-your-breath cursing.  Today I was watching a Jersey show... again.  stop judging me.... and right in the middle a message pops up that's all, "I'm sorry, you don't have this show recorded on your dvr."  I immediate start throwing up some big time angry curses super quietly under my breath (kids were sleeping) and it started playing the Jersey show like nothing ever happened.  Yeah, cable.  That's what's up.

7.  Ne-Yo and Usher have the exact same voice.  High pitched and lovely.

That is all for today.  Fatty out.

No comments: