Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Bus Ride

I'm going to write about it, I'm not ashamed.  Today was Will and Kate's wedding (we're on a first name basis) and I watched it, and it was beautiful.  A big thanks to my husband for not making fun of me, and even encouraging me, when I got up at 5:40am to watch the wedding... that was big of you.  I really really wanted to watch it, there's something so cool about Kate Middleton being a normal girl riding in a car to her wedding, then walking out of the church as a princess.  Here are a few things I loved...

1. Her sister was the only adult bridesmaid and I think it gave a very intimate feeling for such a spectacle wedding. 
2. Her dress was very simple yet extremely elegant.  I heard some wedding "pundit" on TV say that they were disappointed that it was so "Kate".  Um, hello?  It was HER WEDDING!  And, with all of my wedding dress expertise (of two months), I'm willing to bet that train detaches and becomes more of an a-line skirt for the parties... that's coming back big time, trust me.
3.  The prince was so cute when she came down the aisle and he finally looked at her and couldn't stop smiling!
4. Prince Harry.  Enough said.


And the *very* few things I didn't love...

1.  Her flowers.  Blahhhh.  I know, I know, I should take my advice from #2 above, but really.  It looked like a bouquet of baby's breath.
2.  The Queen's Camilla-snub.  When she was coming into the Abbey and shook hands with a line of people, in order, then skipped Camilla and went on to Charles.  That was low.
3. The kiss.  I felt bad for them, such an awkward thing... "Ok guys, go on this balcony in front of all of England and the entire world and kiss eachother in.... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....."  No thanks, I'll pass.

Now G says her favorite princess are "Sleeping Bleuty, Cindelella, and Princess Kate."  Here are a few  pics of our very own princesses:


Princess C at the Royal Easter Egg Hunt


Princess G and the Queen


Princess G and her Prince (aka Curious George)


Crap, how did that get in there...

I did other things today that were very un-royal-wedding-ish: I took my parents to the airport, cleaned house, cut grass, unsucessfully attempted to make a hair appointment, made chili dogs for lunch, and somehow managed to make the TV screen stop turning black.  Phew!

In D news, he took the bus to work today.  Using public transportation on a daily basis is something he's dreamed of for a long time... don't ask, just go with it... and today was the big day.  It took 8 minutes to walk from our house to the bus stop, then a 45-ish minute ride to work.  It probably took twice as long as it would to drive to work, but with the $10/day parking fee (ouch) and the $4.15 gas prices (double ouch), it was worth the extra time.  Plus, he fulfilled a life long dream- taking the bus to work.  He dreams big.  I think we might have to have a bus intervention, though, because he also took the bus to lunch- just because he could.  Such a funny guy, my prince!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Like (Thumbs up)

A.P. said...

Lucky D! I want to ride the bus to work! Hubs and I both talk about living somewhere that offers public transportation that is accessible.