Thursday, April 28, 2011

Accident Prone Is An Understatement

The girls are running around like crazy people, my house is just this side of trashed, and I'm on the computer... what's wrong with this picture?

Our move took us about 35 minutes from C's school, but she still had about six weeks to go in the school year, and while it's Pre-K and she doesn't have to go, it's important to us that she finish the school year with her class, so we're driving her.  Every.  Day.  While D wasn't working it was great, he would take her and hang out at the coffee shop or library near her school while I stayed home with G, or I would take her and sit at the library and read for two glorious uninterrupted hours while he was home with G.  But those days are over.  Now I have to take G with me, and it's too far to drive there and back home again so we have to stay close to school, and it's her nap time so she's grouchy.  Not fun.

Yesterday is a perfect example of how not fun it is.  We dropped C off and headed to Bob Evans for lunch.  I thought that would be nice, just the two of us having lunch and chatting.  We got there and I asked for a booster for my little friend and as I was lifting her into her booster seat the menu she was holding poked her in the eye.  She was hysterical and people were looking and I was semi-freaking out because I was pretty sure her eye ball was bleeding (it wasn't), the manager came over and they got her a cool wet rag to hold over it and I was this close to taking her to the hospital because I was convinced she would never see out of her left eye again.  She finally started to calm down as she sat on my lap and we talked about what we wanted for lunch, she wanted two different meals: pancakes with macon (bacon) and the fruit platter with yogurt.  Normally I wouldn't cave and let her have two lunches, let alone pancakes for lunch, but she had just been impaled by a menu, what choice did I have?  She got both meals and ate every bite of food, and two glasses of milk.  It took almost two hours.

I couldn't wait to get out of that damn Bob Evans.  The waitress kept coming over and talking VERY loudly to G about her grandson who rides horses (G could care less) and showing her grainy cell phone pictures of said grandson.  At one point G commented on the poor quality of the photo, the waitress wasn't so chatty after that.  Once G had finished every bite of food on our table we went over to the library and read some books and visited with the little boy with no parent or shoes, then headed back to school to pick up C.  She's never in a great mood after school, very focused on what after school snack I brought her, and yesterdays Easter candy wasn't up to standards, so we didn't talk much on the way home. 

We did basically the same thing today, minus Bob Evans and the serious eye injury.  It's getting old.  How long until I can stop doing this everyday?

Now the house is really trashed.  I must get my priorities in order!

No comments: