Monday, April 11, 2011

An Electronic Nightmare

Last night was a train wreck.  After a beautiful 80-something-degree day spent outside doing yard work and feeding Mr. and Mrs. Duck at grandma's house, D and I were excited to get the girls down to bed and watch a movie.  We did just that and put the movie in, but our cable box was making this really high pitched whistle and I couldn't concentrate on the movie, so I decided to unplug the cable box.  As I was doing that I accidentally hit the switch on the surge protector, knocking out the power to the DVD player.  No biggie, right?  Just start the movie over again?  Nope.  Our awesome circa 2001 DVD player kicked the bucket. 

So we decided to see if we could stream a movie from Netflix on the Wii.  Nope.  The Wii isn't setup for the wireless connection at our new house.  Booo!  We finally got that setup, but the movie that we were in the middle of when I killed the DVD player isn't available.  Booo!  By the time we screwed around with all of this for over an hour it was 11:00 and we headed to bed.  It was still so hot out, and I don't like leaving the windows open in the house at night, especially in the girls room, but when I went in to check them before we went to bed it was about 150 degrees in their room, and someone got too warm and pee'd in her bed.  Booo!  After changing her, changing the bed, putting sheets and pj's in the washing machine, cranking up the good old AC and finally climbing into bed it was after midnight.  Let's hope tonight goes just a bit better.  I'm picking up a new DVD player at Target today, I really want to see the end of that movie!

2 comments:

A.P. said...

I have to know-what movie?!

KB said...

That Mel Gibson movie, The Edge of Darkness. Not worth all the hassle!