Monday, April 4, 2011

The Move

It's been seven days since my last post, and what a long seven days it was!  Thursday was my worst day.  The night before I couldn't sleep because my mind wouldn't stop thinking of what I needed to pack... furniture layouts for the new house... it was bad.  I slept for three hours on Wednesday night, so I'll say it again: Thursday was bad.  Throughout the day I knew I was tired, but it didn't get bad until the evening.  I bought a groupon that day that I needed to print and my printer wasn't working so I went to my moms and still couldn't get it to print, and I cried.  I cried over a groupon.  Then I cried again at dinner with D, people stared, it was bad.

BUT, I rallied!  Friday was better, and then Saturday was moving day!  It was a terribly hard move, we had so much stuff, and moving from a three bedroom house to a two bedroom proved to be harder than I had imagined.  We had lots of help and the loading and unloading was surprisingly fast, but the organizing was sloooooow.  By Saturday night I was starting to "get rude" as my mom put it, and I made everyone leave (sorry, everyone!) so we could get some sleep.  I knew Sunday would be better, and it was, after an early morning bed wetting incident (not me, D or C.  You do the math.) was taken care of, and the post-move-out-cleaning of the old house was finished.  We started unpacking and got the girls room completely done, and it's ADORABLE!  I'll post pictures soon, I swear... don't hold your breath, but I will. 

We're really excited to be here, and the smaller house is actually kind of nice.  It has a great layout, the girls love sharing a room and their bedtime chatter is really entertaining!  Sam (our dog who goes on hunger strikes when she's not thrilled about something) ate her first meal today, so that's a good sign.  Today at dinner G said, "Are we going home?  No?"  We explained to her again that this is our new home, and she's fine with it.  It made me sad but I know this move was the best thing for our family. 

Cheers to new beginnings!

No comments: