Monday, March 28, 2011

The Spider Sanctuary

I'm still packing.  Yay.  I have a lot done, but there is still a lot to do.  The basement, office, playroom (which contains the toys that the girls play with the LEAST...??), most of the living room, most of the laundry room, and part of the kitchen are done.  The playhouse in the back yard, which had become a mini spider sanctuary, is taken apart and cleaned out- a big shout out to D who tackled that one as I ran screaming in the other direction.  We're going to put it in the new basement playroom where it can't be infiltrated by creepy crawlies and the kids can use it without having nightmares.  The swing set is partially taken apart for transporting, C is acting like we took her best friend away, although she's only been on the swing set once since October, and it will be back up in four days.  Whatever.

Still to do: bedrooms, bathrooms, linen closet, finish the kitchen, finish the laundry room, finish the living room.

One more note about the move- I am officially obsessed with totes- not necessarily Rubbermaid, I don't discriminate.  I love how neat they look when stacked up, I love how I can label them and know exactly what's in them, I love that I can take what I need and put the lid back on.... ohhhh, I could go on.  And if you have extras, send them my way.  K thanks.

Last but not least, we subscribed to Food Network Magazine and got our first one this week.  There was a very small blurb in the "10 Things You Need To Know This Month" section that I found very interesting.  It was #8 on the list, entitled "A former TV chef cooked up a juicy book".  I'm just going to copy this word for word, then we'll discuss:

"After Amy Finley won season three of The Next Food Network Star in 2007, she hosted six episodes of her own show, The Gourmet Next Door, then seemingly disappeared.  Turns out, her husband wasn't thrilled about her new career, so she agreed to end it.  To patch up her rocky marriage, Amy took the drastic step of moving her family (the couple has two small children) to France, a journey she details in her new book, How to Eat a Small Country ($24; Clarkson Potter).  "I hated the thought of giving it all up," she says.  "Everyone was putting all this effort into producing this beautiful show.  It was hard to put it down."  Although she has no regrets, she does remind her husband of the ordeal when she needs to: "Oh yeah," she says.  "I throw it in his face all the time."

That was it.  The whole article.  I have one word: WHAT?!  So let me get this straight, This woman competed against thousands of people to become Next Food Network Star, an her husband decides he's not "thrilled" about it?!  So?!  Clearly she loves to cook, and she followed her dream and got herself a TV show, and she has to give it all up and move to France to save her marriage?  What a jerk.  I love her last quote!  Nope, she's not bitter at all!

No comments: