Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cork and Canvas

I've been really bad about blogging lately, so sorry!  It's been pretty busy as we get ready to move in t-minus eleven days... sooooo excited!  I've been packing, but the process is extremely slow.  The theme of this move is "Simplify", so with that in mind I've been going through everything with the "do we REALLY need this" eye.  And the answer is usually no, which is a good thing, but it's so much more time consuming.  Yesterday I took everything down off of the walls (except in the girls rooms), and that really makes me feel like this packing thing is coming together.  I'm trying to keep the girls rooms as normal as can be until the day of the move.  Pictures are on the walls and clothes in the closets.  I want it to be as easy on them as possible.

Last Tuesday was awesome.  My mom and I went to something called a "Cork and Canvas".  Basically it's a painting class where you drink wine, what could be better than that?!  As many of you know, I love to paint, but I've neglected it over the years for many different reasons... two of those reasons being C and G.  It's hard to paint with two little girls running around sticking their fingers into your perfectly mixed aubergine!  Now that they are getting older and their preferences and abilities are starting to come out more, I'm learning that C is really interested in art, while G is more interested in clothing design... mostly dresses.  C will sit and paint with me for hours, it's really fun.  So the cork and canvas was at a little art gallery and was put on by a local artist who supplies the canvas, paint and brushes while we supply the wine.  Anyone can sign up for it, but mom and I were the only ones who happened to sign up for that day, so it was just the three of us.  We painted and drank wine for three hours and left with new art to hang in our homes.  It was great, and it really got me thinking about painting more.  D got me an easel a couple of years ago and I've never had it out.  It will be out for regular use in the new house.

Thursday was St. Patrick's Day, and this was the first year that C was really into it, so everything revolved around green.  The day started with green shamrock pancakes that were so cute!  Sorry, I haven't had time to upload pictures.  Just trust me, they were cute.  The big struggle of the day was picking out our outfits.  G didn't care as long as it was a dress, so that was easy.  She wore a little green number that used to be C's.  But C wanted to wear ALL green.  And none of the greens matched.  A pea green shirt with kelly green pants and green and red striped socks... ouch.  I ended up getting her into a pale green dress with kelly green leggins, which was actually pretty cute.  Lunch was pb&j and green milk... which kind of made me gag but the girls thought it was awesome.  Dinner at home with our great friends R and J was homemade pesto (green) with shrimp and penne with garlic bread.  It was yummy and the green beer was flowing!

Saturday and Sunday was painting day.  I'll post more about that later, but the girls new bunk beds (or block beds as C calls them) got a fresh coat of paint this weekend.  We also picked the paint color for their bedroom.  I can't wait for it to all come together, it's going to be adorable! 

This morning something really funny happened.  G pee'd in her bed.  That wasn't the funny thing though, the funny thing was WHY she pee'd; it was raining.  This is a theme that we've discovered.  When it rains at night, G pee's the bed.  We didn't catch on at first, but one night about a month ago when we were putting her to bed she said "Oh no, it's raining! I'm going to pee in my bed!"  And she did.  Last night it rained and she came stumbling into our bedroom this morning crying because it had rained and, again, she pee'd.  Poor kid.  I need to come up with a solution to this problem... any ideas?

1 comment:

A.P. said...

Love the "cork and canvas" class! How fun!