Monday, August 1, 2011

The Final 30th Birthday Post... No Really, I'm Done Now.

What's up, internets?  I'm back and better than ever.... well, I'm 30, so maybe not better than ever, but older than ever.  I have a nice break again this morning and so I'm coming to you from the big nice library at XXX University.  One thing I must say before I get into this blog today: why doesn't this library have anything good for breakfast?  I can't continue eating whole wheat bagels with low fat cream cheese, I need something with egg and meat and yellow/orange cheese.  Is that too much to ask??!

Friday was my birthday and it was an okay day, I'm always semi-depressed on my birthday.  I don't know why, I'm not at all upset about my age or what I should have accomplished or bla bla blah, I just don't love my birthday.  Another thing that put a damper on my mood... the kids don't give a shit if it's your birthday or not.  Example: D says, "Mommy's the birthday girl and gets to choose what we have for lunch!"  I decide on Chipotle, and this is the sound that comes from my children: "Mooooommmmm, Chipotle is disgusting and you always get to choose whatever you want and you always choose things that I hate.  Why is it always what yooooouuuuu want???  It's always your birthday."  Nice.  Thanks kids.  Love you, too.

So I was all grouchy and the kids were grouchy and D had a "speaking engagement" that night that he had to go to so I was annoyed about that, but R and I were going out to dinner so I was going to try to make the best of it.  We went to Cheesecake Factory (because we love to stuff our faces with anything that has the word "cheesecake" in it), had a great dinner and great drinks (with the exception of the dirty martinis that our waiter suggested.  Puke.) and my mood was looking up.

We left dinner to head to a bar to meet up with D, then downtown to meet D's bestie E and E's almost-wife F.  We got in the car and R suddenly had the worst case of diarrhea known to man (her words) so we ended up at Target where she could... um.. feel better in the bathroom.  I checked out the fake eyelashes and nail polish and once her business was complete, we were back on the road to the bar.

We walked in to the bar and SURPRISE!!!!  It was a party for me!  Turns out R didn't have diarrhea, she was just killing some time.  It's good to know that we're such good friends that diarrhea can be used as an excuse.  There were lots of old and new friends there, it was really great to see everyone and to know that they all cared enough to spend their Friday night with me.  It was a lot of fun and D did a good job putting it all together.  We closed down the bar and then headed back to our house with R and J for an after-party party.  I had a terrible hangover on Saturday, but it was well worth it.  PS, I discovered the cure for a hangover is Jeni's ice cream.  No joke, I felt a million times better.  Sad? Yes.

Next up on the schedule: G's birthday.  There will be less alcohol and more cupcakes at her party, but I hope she has as much fun as I did.

5 comments:

dottie said...

Fun!!! I love the excuse to kill some more time.

Pictures puhlease!!!??

Amanda and Josh said...

I love your surprise party! Good husband!

BTW, I think you accidentally called R by her real name! Uh oh!

becky said...

Sounds like you had a good time! Im turning 31 (OMG!!!!) in a week... not really sure how I feel about that... Im sure Ill get over it tho.
and yeah, we all know what R's first name is.... lol... :)

KB said...

AHHHH! Fixed it! Only you three know now... hopefully everyone else forgot :)

Dottie- I don't have picutures because I didn't bring my camera because I didn't know I was having a party!! I think my mom has some, though... I'll get on that.

Elisabeth said...

Yay! I'm so glad the party was great, and so sorry I missed it! We'll celebrate again soon. :)