Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bachelors and Balls

Today I dropped D off at the airport on his way to his friend E's bachelor party in sunny south Florida.  A bunch of guys that have been friends since they were in middle school are going... let the fun begin!  These boys are extremely immature. We aren't talking about a bunch of business men going on a trip. Oh no no. We're talking about full grown sixteen year olds completely unsupervised. I feel sorry for the other people that live, work, or are vacationing anywhere around their location. D was compiling a list of dares for E to do (insert eye roll). He tried to hide it from me but I saw one of them and it was "Drink Pee", so I think this trip may end badly health wise.

E and D at our wedding.  Jesus was frowning on the cross above them.

I'm not a jealous wife and he isn't a jealous husband, we just don't have that kind of relationship.  If he wants to have a hotel room full of strippers and guns that's fine with me (I'm exaggerating on the gun part).  I did have only one rule for this trip- DO NOT drink Four Loko.  For all of you that aren't as cool as me (read: 30 and in college), Four Loko is an energy drink with a TON of alcohol in it.  It will make you do stupid things like cross a four lane highway on a skateboard with a ferret.  Not okay.  Not to mention that D isn't as young and healthy as he once was, and I would venture a guess that the stuff doesn't mix well with blood pressure medication.  He'll be home Friday evening, I'm sure I won't have any pictures to post because he didn't bring a camera.... he thought he might lose it.  I reminded him that he is a grownup and should be able to not lose a camera since he hasn't lost other important stuff- like our children.  He agreed but opted to play it safe and not take the camera.

In other news, D switched National Guard units and this month was his first time drilling in his new unit.  He found out that the Red and White Ball is in a couple weeks!  I'm soooooooooo excited!  We haven't been to a ball in a few years, I love getting so dressed up and he looks so handsome in his dress blues.  But, he informed me that in the new unit the thing to do is wear Class A's with a bow tie... huh??  Whatev, he'll still look handsome, I just like the blues better.  Tomorrow R and I are going shopping for a dress.  Ideas?  Send them my way, please!

3 comments:

becky said...

I can only imagine the list... I remember high school and I'm pretty sure "drink pee" was on a list then, too! Oh lord, poor Florida!

Michelle M said...

I am at work and completely laughed out loud when I read the part about drinking pee!!!

A.P. said...

you crack me up.