Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Eight Years In A Nutshell. Happy Anniversary To Me And The D-ster!

Happy Anniversary!  Today D and I celebrated (not together, of course) eight years together.  So I thought it would be appropriate to tell you a little about us, and you know how much I love numbered lists.  Two birds with one stone...

We started dating when we were seventeen, we were seniors in high school.  I can't find a picture of us on my computer (we didn't have fancy things like digital cameras in high school), but I'll find one and add it to the post later.

We never broke up.  Ever.  You know how it is in high school, you fight and break up, get back together, break up, talk shit about the other person, date their best friend... you get the idea.  We didn't do that.  Ever.  We got along, and when we didn't get along we talked about it and worked it out.  We respected each other, and still do.

D went away to XXX University and I joined him shortly after.  We ate a lot of taco's and pancakes (okay, mostly it was me eating the pancakes), and skipped a lot of class.  I'm still paying for both- pancakes and skipping class. 

In 2001 D proposed to me... in CLEVELAND.  I'm sorry if you're from Cleveland, I don't mean to offend, but Cleveland totally sucks.  It's dirty, it's grey, it's Cleveland.  I had won an all expenses paid trip to Cleveland (by all expenses paid I mean a dinner cruise on lake... something... whatever lake Cleveland is near... and one night at a Holiday Inn Express), and D thought it would be the perfect time to propose.  It may not have been perfect, but he did it and we came home from Cleveland excited to start planning our wedding.

We didn't get married until 2004, we figured we would finish college first.  HAHAHAHA!  Funny joke.  By the time we were married we had been together almost six years.  Our wedding was really nice, but we had the worst photographer EVER!  We thought he was awesome from the fake pictures he showed us that weren't actually his work.  I didn't even get wedding pictures for almost two years!  Here's an example of our awesome wedding pictures:

This is an edited image they gave us.  You can't even see our faces.  And the color... exquisite.


Almost immediately after we were married, D deployed.  You can read about that here.  And almost immediately after he returned we got pregnant with baby C. 

Please disregard the greasy hair and puffy face.  Thanks.

Two years later we welcomed baby G, and the rest is history. 

I love this picture.
We've lived in five different places, we've welcomed two baby girls, we're on our second deployment, and we love each other unconditionally.

So Happy Anniversary, D!  Eight down, sixty to go, and I can't wait!

2 comments:

A.P. said...

I don't think I've ever seen your wedding photos! I want to see them ALL! Happy anniversary love birds.

dottie said...

How have I been missing your posts?!

Love this!

I've never even been to Ohio, but Cleveland reminds me of that show...where they sing "Cleveland rocks.." Drew Carey Show maybe? Anyway, just from that show, it kinda creeps me out. So yay! You don't live in creepy Cleveland. Ha, ha!!!

Prob the most random comment you've ever received. LOL.