Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fly Lady

I haven't blogged for a while, so it's about that time.  I don't really know what I'm going to write about, so we'll just see what comes to me... 

I've been trying really hard to simplify our life- a cluttered house is a cluttered life, right?  A few weeks ago I signed up for this website that I've seen on a few mom blogs, flylady.com.  It's a website that pretty much tells you what to clean every day.  It's kind of, ummmmm... over the top (doing a home blessing every Sunday), and I don't follow it to the letter, but it gives you a really good start and great ideas.  The main one being: you can do anything for 15 minutes.  So I've been trying this and it really works, when I see something that is bugging me, like the huge growing clutter pile on our kitchen counter, I set the microwave timer for 15 minutes and do as much as I can in that time.  I'm going to be honest though, it usually doesn't take more than 15 minutes.  Another flylady thing that I've subscribed to is doing a load of laundry every morning.  After we're all dressed I gather up all of the laundry from the day before and throw it in the wash.  When it's done I put it away- immediately (I've learned that this part is really important because if I don't do it right away, it will sit in a basket until it's all dirty again and going back down to the wash).  This may seem simple to you, but for me it was an epiphany.  And I love it.

New topic...
C is sick.  She started with a hoarse voice and runny nose on Saturday, and woke up with a fever Sunday morning.  She didn't have school on Monday for President's Day (which we celebrated by doing a US Presidents floor puzzle) so she didn't miss school for being sick, and today she seemed to be feeling better and went to school.  She did fine at school, but soon after was complaining that her ear hurt (a new symptom) and had a fever.  Tomorrow we'll be at the doctor.  Last time she had an ear infection she vomited in the car all the way to and from the doctor because her equilibrium was off.... pray for me tomorrow!

Last but not least- G is addicted to lipstick, and when I say lipstick I mean anything that you put on your lips.  She carries it with her wherever she goes and I have to really watch how much she puts on because I'm afraid she's going to poison herself with Minnie Mouse chapstick.  Today she told me, "I left my lipstick in my car, I'm going to run out and get it".  She's not my little baby anymore!

No comments: