Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tramp Dusting

Pop quiz!  What's worse than stepping in dog poop while trying to get the dog untangled from your swing set??  Getting the poop ON YOUR HANDS.  I can't even tell you.  Number one, the dog is eight years old and we've had the swing set for a solid four years...and yet....she still manages to get herself wound so tightly around the slide that she's choking herself.  It's so cold out (which in itself pisses me off) and I have to go traipsing through the yard to get her.  Add to that feces on your hands and you've got yourself a hell of a Thursday.

This could be the worst segue ever, but...

Have I ever told you how much I despise cooking dinner?  Well I do.  It's not so much the cooking of the dinner, but the planning that goes into it.  D has been home in the evenings and did a beautiful job of grocery shopping for the week and planning all the meals.  Tonight he's out of town, and while I know exactly what there is to cook for dinner tonight (because he left me a note), I'm taking the kids to Wendy's.  Whatever.  I had poop on my hands, I can't cook for at least 36 hours.  That's a rule, right??  While D's gone I'm trying to get the house cleaned, sometimes it's just easier when he isn't here.  The girls have started showing interest in helping me clean, so I gave them each a dusting rag and sprayed them (not in the face) with dusting spray and let them go to town.  They are both currently jumping on the mini trampoline in the living room and telling me how much fun dusting is.  They're obviously confused, I usually don't jump on the mini-tramp when I dust.  Usually.

Last weekend we had a lovely dinner with old friends, E and F the newlyweds, and R and J the non-marrieds.  We had a really fun time with a smidge too much wine, but it was so nice being out with old friends.  Apologies to the staff at the restaurant...  It kind of turned into a disaster, but boy was it fun!

We had our first ever parent teacher conferences this week for C.  It was so exciting!  We were running about two minutes late and I was screaming at D to "RUN FASTER!!!" through the parking lot.  Our faces were all red when we got into her classroom and I noticed that D had a little snot coming out of his nose because it was so cold, her teacher must have thought we were real winners.  But it didn't matter because C is a fabulous student who is very kind to everyone in the class and a joy to have around, and that's all we wanted to hear!

Last but not least..... I GOT MY HAIR CUT!  I cut about six inches off on Tuesday, I'm still getting used to it but I really like it so far.  I went to the most relaxing place on earth, and as usual I wasn't disappointed.

Happy Thursday and Poop-Free Hand Wishes,
K

3 comments:

becky said...

your blogs always crack me up! I can totally see the incident with the dog happening to me... and the mental pic I got of what you two looked like when you got to the classroom made me LOL! :)

dottie said...

Oh god. That was the best segue ever. I like to keep it simple. Human feces only. I swear every time Jack poops, I get it on my hands. Prob because he thinks its an Olympic sport to get away while I'm changing said feces filled diaper.

You saw my fb post, I hate finding dinner recipes. BUT I've been pinning like a mo-fo so I'm getting a start. Just need the energy and groceries. Have I mentioned how bad I hate the grocery store?

I wanna see that hair cut! About to fb stalk. Tootles!

A.P. said...

36 hour rule, absolutely! I hate cooking dinner as well. I do the grocery shopping, Josh cooks. I like this.

Also, happy to hear that the girls like to help clean and that you're not spraying pine-sol in their sweet faces. ;-)